April 9, 2015

Human Resource Training - Role of Indicated Reading Lists



Indicated reading is one of the tools of training.  Case Study method of Harvard also uses indicated reading as method of educating the MBA students. Students have to read the background notes and then read the case and determine the action to be taken by the protagonist of the case.

Companies do buy books in bulk and give them to many employees. This is a way of training. The training department of a company can circulate online articles and it is equivalent to indicated training material. I personally used this method to great benefit during my stint as a training professional in a stock broking company. Even today. my associates remember that practice. I can say it is an innovation by me in the early days of internet in India. I am talking of the period years 2000 and 2001.

No comments:

Post a Comment